dM with a quake engine

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

dM with a quake engine

Post by cowsmanaut »

You know, I've been thinking that the quake engine could be used for a DM interface. all of the tile based puzzles could still be implemented and the characters if modeled and textured well would work great. The one thing is that new code would need to be added to allow the use of a mouse as a hand. hmm.. also it may need a bit of work for allowing 4 characters. maybe it would be better to have just two.. or just one and find a new way of using an altar, perhaps as a save point or something ... hmm guess that needs more thought huh?
anyway, I'm sure I got someone thinking. I'm not able to program very well, I spent more time in the arts than in computers.
later
+Bertman74

Post by +Bertman74 »

Why didn't I think of that?!? I have the source code thankfully they released that.. I will try and see what I can come up with but don't expect anything to soon it will involve a lot of work. But I would love to tinker with it in my spare time. Thanks again for the Idea hope to have some good news on trying it!
+Bertman74

Post by +Bertman74 »

Oh and it should be possibly to still use four people it will just take a little tweaking.