TIME LIMIT SWITCH

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ouch!
Apprentice

TIME LIMIT SWITCH

Post by Ouch! »

Hello everyone :D
I'm one of Japanese DM RTC fan.
Now I editing and complete about 7 floor.
But now I'm faced with a problem :(

I want to make special 2 switch.
You can open the door When you turn ON both switch in time.
But if time is over,the door will be closed and turn OFF switch automatically.

Does anyone know how to make it :?:
DM_Player
Adept

Re: TIME LIMIT SWITCH

Post by DM_Player »

Ouch!,

Welcome to the forum!

I think this should work for you,

1) Clone a wall mechanic COUNTER (call it say, COUNTER_OPEN_DOOR)
Place this counter in your dungeon with a count of 2, action to deactivate the door, and set disable self to true

2) Place a wall mechanic ACTION with the counter. The action should be ACTION_COUNTER_INCREMENT. The object1 should be COUNTER_OPEN_DOOR. The object2 should be NULL. The STRENGTH should be 1.

3) Place a wall mechanic RELAY with your SWITCH1. The action should be to ACTIVATE. The target should be the wall mechanic ACTION you created. Set the delay time to the amount of time you want.

4) Place a wall mechanic RELAY with your SWITCH2. The action should be to ACTIVATE. The target should be the wall mechanic ACTION you created. Set the delay time to the same delay as the first RELAY.

5) Place SWITCH 1 in the dungeon. It should be a trigger that activates both the RELAY that is with the switch and COUNTER_OPEN_DOOR.

6) Place SWITCH 2 in the dungeon. It should be a trigger that activates both the RELAY that is with the switch and COUNTER_OPEN_DOOR.

Now, both switches must be activated before your delay time runs out to open the door. If the delay time runs out, then the door won't open because the relay incremented the counter back up to 2 before the 2nd switch was activated. So, when the 2nd switch is activated the COUNTER_OPEN_DOOR will equal 1, not 0, and the door doesn't open.

Best of Luck,

DM_Player
Ouch!
Apprentice

Re: TIME LIMIT SWITCH

Post by Ouch! »

Oh I should use COUNTER and REPLAY :idea:
I will try it. :twisted: