DM java Original Map need help... stuck level 6

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
prozak
Novice

DM java Original Map need help... stuck level 6

Post by prozak »

I'm on level 6 or 5 if you count the hall as 0. the riddle room. I have the whole map pretty much completed and once i complete it I like to look at the guide to see what I missed. I couldnt figure out the room with 4 buttons. which is supposed to open a wall and give you a key. I looked on the guide and it says to press the button on the north side of the cubicle and one other button to the north and east. I tried that, I tried every combo of buttons i could think of. The guide says You need to press the two buttons at (24,25) and (25,28) to open the wall. I'm stumped... any ideas ? or maybe is this a problem because its DMJ ?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: DM java Original Map need help... stuck level 6

Post by beowuuf »

I think DMJ and original DM act differently. The original puzzle was forgiving of pressing the buttons out of order, I think you need to 'reset' the puzzle in DMJ. You can always use the editor to open the dungeon and give yourself a key there (I believe) if the puzzle seems broken.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
prozak
Novice

Post by prozak »

Thanks for the help.. I did infact push them out of order at first. I ended up finishing the game and started on CSB.... It is ridiculously hard.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Glad you managed to proceed!
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!