Escape from Order's Prison (GENERAL THREAD) (RTC)

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
raixel
The Dungeon Master Cylinder

Re: Escape from Order's Prison (GENERAL THREAD) (RTC)

Post by raixel »

Ooh,
Spoiler
the looking glass
is cool. Word of advice tho, you can use the first option immediately after using the second option and it kinda ruins the effect if
Spoiler
the game shuts off while you are in the starting area and not 'trapped' in the mirror.
Soaponarope
Artisan

Post by Soaponarope »

Good point, and it
Spoiler
makes no sense to be drawn back to the mirror when your already in it.
:wink:

I'll change this. I like it when I know my mistake and know how to fix it. :) I really hope that tile of crashing doom was just a freak occurance.

I was also going to change the
Spoiler
game quiting, as my mini ending of sorts was probably a bad idea and thought of more as a crash.
raixel

Post by raixel »

I dunno. I got it right away. But then again, I'm one of those people who actually is in to story way more than gameplay, and I LOVE it when creators put in little pop up bits of text everywhere. I think SOME people dont bother to read the text. Even something as simple as 'you find a dart in a grating' instead of just the dart showing up in your hand makes me happy. Personally I think if someone doesnt bother to read
Spoiler
'I feel an evil aura around this mirror'
or whatever and therefore doesnt save before messing around with it, its their own fault. And THEN ,
Spoiler
if they think the game 'crashes' (even though the scroll shows up) because they didnt read the text of what happens when they mess around with an 'evil item
' I dont really have much to say cuz my mom told me if you cant say anything nice, then dont talk at all...

(ESL people are of course excluded from not being able to read text as fast as DM scrolls it. But in a text heavy game, IM sure the creator would be happy to help you )
Soaponarope
Artisan

Post by Soaponarope »

:) Adding little story bits is fun, and this is something I'm interested in doing much more of. For future projects I have been thinking of making a more story/character driven game. Don't know if RTC or DM in general is really good for this though, as the text limits I found really annoying (especially scrolls, trying to fit stuff on 15 letter lines.) This coupled with the fact that I made my dungeon very large and rather wanted to get a finished version first, made me not add as much text as I wanted to in this dungeon.

I was originally thinking of actually making true character banter between party members(a la Baldur's gate/Dragon age) as I am a big fan of this in RPGs. Dungeon Master isn't a character driven game though, and this would have been a ton of work for something I didn't know if anyone else would even care about. With 19 characters and no way to swap them, people wouldn't see much either. In a game with a set party or say 8 members that can be swapped during the game, this could be fun to do though.
raixel

Post by raixel »

You could only have say 6 chars to choose from. That would allow you to script party banter, but not hve too much and also good replay value. I dunno what RTCs text limits are cuz Ive never really played with it. But if you wan/have time to learn a new system, I think DSB has way more capabilites to add text and scripted/triggered events. I dont know much about it yet, cuz I just started playing with it a week or so ago, but you might want to ask Sophia if its closer to what you are looking for. I for one would LOVE to see a more character/text heavy game, as (IMHO) the lack of story/plot/text/char development is one of the biggest downfalls of DN.
ian_scho
High Lord

Post by ian_scho »

Should I ever get back to DSB development again<<sigh>>, this is exactly how it would be, raixel.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You need to take a personal laptop in to the bank :)
Soaponarope
Artisan

Post by Soaponarope »

Updated version now posted. Can a moderator please add or update the alt link for it?
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

Hi folks.
Could someone plz post a link for the actual version, the current one doesnt seem to work.
many thx
Stingm
Apprentice

Post by Stingm »

Yeah how do I get version 1.1? The link is dead. Thanks for any help!
Soaponarope
Artisan

Post by Soaponarope »

Redid link for the 1.1 version.

If a mod could please host it on site like the first link so it doesn't have to go through megashare and is deleted after a month of no usage that would be great.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Sorry, the page is refusing to give me a useable link in amongst the adverts. If you can e-mail it to beowuuf@yahoo.com then I can host it!
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Got the file and have uploaded it! Altered the first post accordingly.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Stingm
Apprentice

Post by Stingm »

Going to get it now! Thanks a bunch!