(done) Active/dead zone for hand vs arrow pointer?

This forum is for the Lua scriptable clone of DM/CSB called Dungeon Strikes Back by Sophia. Use DSB to build your own highly customised games.

Moderator: Sophia

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

(done) Active/dead zone for hand vs arrow pointer?

Post by Gambit37 »

I've got my new UI working fully in DSB. I've changed the size and position of many things.

One weird side effect is that DSB now thinks there's "dead" space where there shouldn't be. For example, when I'm moving the mouse cursor around it changes from a hand to an arrow in the wrong place. If there's an item in the mouse hand, this looks especially strange when it disappears. The dead space zone is roughly shown below in purple.

It seems like DSB is not respecting the new height/position of my gui_info.portraits and still expects things in the DM positions. Is it possible to make it so I can specify a height here (which would presumably fix this "dead" zone)???

Sophia
Concise and Honest

Re: Active/dead zone for hand vs arrow pointer?

Post by Sophia »

Oh, somehow I missed some hardcoded data. For 0.72 I'll add gui_info.portraits.hand_zone_w and gui_info.portraits.hand_zone_h which will let you specify the size of the area where portraits should draw a hand instead of an arrow.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: (done) Active/dead zone for hand vs arrow pointer?

Post by Gambit37 »

Perfect, thank you very much :)
meadwarrior
Journeyman

Re: (done) Active/dead zone for hand vs arrow pointer?

Post by meadwarrior »

Nice!